Institute for Telecommunication Sciences / About ITS /
Employment Opportunities at ITS
The Institute for Telecommunication Sciences (ITS) researches, tests, and evaluates advanced communication and information technology that touches every one of our lives, from the largest satellites and radar systems to the smallest smartphones, Internet of Things (IoT) and every communication device in between. ITS serves as the primary federal resource for solving telecommunications concerns for government agencies, industries, and for all of us.
ITS recruits electronics engineers, computer engineers, and computer science majors to work on some of the nation’s hottest telecommunications issues, such as spectrum sharing, spectrum utilization, and public safety communications. We are a small, but growing, federal research lab located on the Department of Commerce Boulder Laboratories campus in south Boulder. ITS is part of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), the President’s principal advisor for telecommunications and information policy issues. Researchers enjoy all the benefits of federal employment while working in a cutting edge, entrepreneurial, research and development environment. The wide range of professional growth opportunities within the organization, casual laboratory environment, beautiful setting, and stimulating work of national importance are some of the attractions of working at ITS.
Employment opportunities, including Internships for students, will be listed on USAJOBS, the Federal Government’s official one-stop source for federal jobs and employment information. Interested applicants may search for job openings at NTIA-ITS by conducting key word searches, e.g., "NTIA." You may also perform searches by Location, e.g., "CO-Boulder," or by Job Category, e.g., "Engineering and Architecture." Once a job is posted, you may have only seven days to respond. Applicants must apply through USAJOBS, must be U.S. citizens, must complete the online application and required forms, and must provide a résumé and an unofficial transcript. If you think you might have an interest, create your USAJOBS account now so that you can create a saved search to be automatically notified when an opening is posted—and get your transcript and résumé ready. Search for jobs in Boulder, Colorado, with the National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
Electronics Engineers, ZP-0855-III, Radiofrequency Systems Measurements Division
CLOSES JUNE 18, 2018
- Design, develop, optimize and implement measurement systems comprised of commercial off the shelf (COTS) and custom equipment for assessing spectrum usage and mitigating radiofrequency interference problems.
- Provide technical leadership directed at the development of new radiofrequency experiments, systems, and analyses to support spectrum management and policy decisions
- Lead a research team in all phases of the program including planning, scoping, resourcing, budgeting, tracking, and reporting
For this position, specialized experience is required:
- Experience with radiofrequency test equipment and components used to develop new test systems.
- Experience conducting measurements in lab and field environments on telecommunications or radar systems.
- Experience with modern programming languages, test instrument control, and data analysis applications.
See the full announcement on USAJobs for more details.
Candidates who qualify for Veterans’ preferences should send an expression of interest and a résumé directly to email@example.com. Check out our Employment Opportunities for Veterans page for current openings.